While conventional lumber and drywall construction work fine for above-ground areas, they can warp, rot and allow mold to grow in high-moisture areas like basements. In contrast, the Owens Corning Basement Finishing System™ lets moisture pass through naturally to greatly reduce the chances for mold growth.* Check out some of the additional advantages you’ll enjoy with the Basement Finishing System™.
A. Thermal and acoustic insulation for comfort and quiet.
B. System helps reduce dampness, mold and mildew.*
C. Durable, dent-resistant walls stands up to damage.
D. Easy access to foundation, pipes and electrical boxes.
E. Trim components fit seamlessly with easy access to low voltage wiring and foundation.
Note – product characteristics vary in Canada. Click here for details.
Owens Corning Basement Finishing System™ vs traditional finishing methods
OWENS CORNING BASEMENT FINISHING SYSTEM™
- Quick, clean installation lets you create a new living space in about two weeks.
- The system allows you to remove wall panels for easy access to foundation and wiring whenever necessary.
- Durable, dent-resistant walls.
- Built-in acoustic and thermal insulation.
- Components are designed specifically for basement conditions and resist moisture, mold and mildew.*
- Lifetime Limited Warranty**
TRADITIONAL FINISHING METHODS
- Disrupts household activities for weeks while construction is completed.
- Foundation problems and rewiring become time- and labor-intensive projects — no access without demolition.
- Easily dented, damaged and punctured.
- Requires separate insulation and acoustic control.
- Susceptible to mold, mildew, warping, rotting and water damage. Not designed for basements.
- May offer no warranty
The Owens Corning Basement Finishing System™ offers convenience, comfort and durability over the more traditional basement refinishing materials like wood and drywall.
With the Basement Finishing System™, you get professional, quality installation and a finished basement in about two weeks. Also, with the Basement Finishing System™ you have access to wiring and foundation without the mess of tearing into drywall.
The Basement Finishing System™ is different from traditional means because it is durable, stain and dent-resistant. That’s a key benefit when you have a growing family or pets.
Another key consideration is how you will use your new basement. Typically, a finished basement is a family/entertainment room or “get-away”, therefore, you need comfort. Insulation and acoustic control are added steps for a project using drywall, but with the Basement Finishing System™, comfort from thermal insulation and acoustic controls are built in.
Above any other place in your home, moisture and mildew can be major concerns in the basement. The Owens Corning Basement Finishing System™ is specifically designed for basement conditions, is resistant to moisture damage, mold and mildew*, and won’t warp – unlike drywall and wood.
You get all the above convenience, comfort and durability of the Owens Corning Basement Finishing System™ backed by a Lifetime Limited Warranty.**
* While the materials and design of the Owens Corning Basement Finishing System™ resist mold and mildew, the system cannot prevent or mitigate mold if the conditions necessary for mold growth otherwise exist in your basement.
** See actual warranty for details.